Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 25 post(s)
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.10.12 18:27:00 - [1]

Originally by: Darius Shakor
You realise that if it doesn't work, then there will be several planes full of angry fans heading there on the 20th for the fanfest.Laughing

Why do you think there is a party on the 23rd? Last I heard, there were plans for libations of the alcoholic nature, in addition to Devs acting silly, music and who knows what other shenanigans!

kieron
Director of Community Relations, EVE Online
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
Look Ma, I'm in a Dev thread! Oh wait...
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.10.12 18:31:00 - [2]

Originally by: Bon Hedus
Can I have the old hardware?Cool

I think you'd have to stand in line to get the old stuff. Very Happy

On a more serious note, the older equipment will still be used. This is not a complete change over from old to new, but an upgrade of the existing equipment. Replacing all the old gear is an investment of major proportions and is under discussion. This is just the first step.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.17 13:52:00 - [3]

I don't have any of the technical specs or information regarding features like cache, I/O rates, etc. About all I do know from MXmus is that the response time for large database calls, like bookmarks and the market retrievals, should be significantly reduced. When Froggi returns from the server upgrade next week, I'll try to get him to post more information.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.17 13:52:00 - [4]

I don't have any of the technical specs or information regarding features like cache, I/O rates, etc. About all I do know from MXmus is that the response time for large database calls, like bookmarks and the market retrievals, should be significantly reduced. When Froggi returns from the server upgrade next week, I'll try to get him to post more information.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.18 19:18:00 - [5]

Originally by: Farseeker
Does anyone know when it is actually happening - on the opening screen it says thursday - on the news it says the 21st which on my calender is Friday - or do they expect probelms and are just covering themselves?

Friday the 21st is the new upgrade date. The new delay was caused by shipping issues.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.18 19:18:00 - [6]

Originally by: Farseeker
Does anyone know when it is actually happening - on the opening screen it says thursday - on the news it says the 21st which on my calender is Friday - or do they expect probelms and are just covering themselves?

Friday the 21st is the new upgrade date. The new delay was caused by shipping issues.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.18 21:52:00 - [7]

Latest news, the shipping issue is actually a problem with Customs. The equipment is in the UK, but Customs is going over the docs and equipment very carefully. I guess solid state hardware of this nature doesn't travel around a lot.

For those worrying about issues with the upgrade being pushed back through the weekend if they arrive, please put those fears to rest. The upgrade team is in London and will be there until the upgrade is complete and stable.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.18 21:52:00 - [8]

Latest news, the shipping issue is actually a problem with Customs. The equipment is in the UK, but Customs is going over the docs and equipment very carefully. I guess solid state hardware of this nature doesn't travel around a lot.

For those worrying about issues with the upgrade being pushed back through the weekend if they arrive, please put those fears to rest. The upgrade team is in London and will be there until the upgrade is complete and stable.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.19 10:46:00 - [9]

The upgrade date was moved forward a bay. Customs was nice enough to let the equipment pass through and into the hands of the network team in London. The hardware upgrade will take place on Thursday, 20 October running from 0800 to 1600 GMT.

Apologies for the topsy-turvy dates and scheduling.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.19 10:46:00 - [10]

The upgrade date was moved forward a bay. Customs was nice enough to let the equipment pass through and into the hands of the network team in London. The hardware upgrade will take place on Thursday, 20 October running from 0800 to 1600 GMT.

Apologies for the topsy-turvy dates and scheduling.

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.20 09:59:00 - [11]

The upgrade was pushed back to start at 1100 GMT. DHL states that the equipment is, quite literally, in a car on its way to the datacenter and the eager hands of the network team. Again, I apologize for the time change and late notification. Embarassed

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.20 09:59:00 - [12]

The upgrade was pushed back to start at 1100 GMT. DHL states that the equipment is, quite literally, in a car on its way to the datacenter and the eager hands of the network team. Again, I apologize for the time change and late notification. Embarassed

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.20 20:18:00 - [13]

The results of the hardware upgrade are very positive, so far. Player feedback so far have the markets and bookmark response time lessened, a decrease in time for log-in, hangar and hold access, even a rumored increase in frame rate. So far, so good!

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang
CCP kieron
CCP kieron

Posted - 2005.10.20 20:18:00 - [14]

The results of the hardware upgrade are very positive, so far. Player feedback so far have the markets and bookmark response time lessened, a decrease in time for log-in, hangar and hold access, even a rumored increase in frame rate. So far, so good!

kieron
EVE Online, CCP Games
Email/Netfang

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240607/0314
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.